Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Things We Do For Fun...


Been doing a small bit of crafting, lately. Had been trying to work on a crocheted gift for a friend, but the arm warmers just decided they were never going to work for me. And when I tried shortening them to gloves, I couldn't keep my focus enough to do them. So I went on a stash dive, and came up with a dark maroonish red worsted weight, and a cream, fuzzy-ish worsted weight yarn, and wound them together. I'm knitting a scarf on size 11 needles, and I'm calling the combo "Old Candy".

Going to try to figure out what I can work out for my friend. Might possibly try for a purse or tote bag using Tunisian crochet, since I know she likes purses. At least, if I remember correctly, she likes purses. I'm so terrible with my memory. I just hope my finger joints hold up on me.

For some reason, my fingers have been stiff and snap-crackle-poppy, lately. They're also getting quite sore. It's not fun. I want my hands to not hurt, when I knit. Oh, well. Hopefully warmer weather will cure that, when spring breaks.

At least when the weather gets good, I can go berry picking.

No comments: